Full disclosure; the only reason I grow mint every year is so I can have mojitos all summer long. I love them. They’re light and refreshing and pretty easy to make.
- 1 shot (1 oz) of light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
- club soda
- 5 or 6 fresh mint leaves
- Put the mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice into your glass (I use a 12 oz glass).
- Muddle(smash the heck out of) the ingredients at the bottom of your glass. The more you smash and bruise your mint the more minty your mojito will taste, so get violent.
- Fill your glass about halfway with ice. Pour in your rum.
- Fill with club soda. Stir.
And enjoy your refreshing mojito!
I also enjoy making virgin mojitos for my kiddos. Just leave out the rum (duh) and put in more sugar. Another 1/4 teaspoon should do the trick.